The Sarah & Eugene Zinn Memorial Undergraduate Scholarship for Holocaust Studies and Social Justice
The College of Letters and Sciences invites applications for the Sarah & Eugene Zinn Memorial Scholarship for Holocaust Studies and Social Justice. Scholarships will support programs of study, internships, or research projects that apply the knowledge of the Jewish experience, and especially the lessons of the Holocaust, to contemporary society and social justice issues.
This support is made possible by a gift to the College by Harry and Helene Zinn, and their friends and family, in memory of their parents. Students in all majors are eligible to apply as long as the project is focused in some way on Jewish Studies. Preference will be given to Jewish Studies majors or students whose area of study relates to Jewish issues and learning.
Scholarships are open to all UCLA undergraduates.
- Supplemental Questions
- I will be registered as a full time student at UCLA during the following quarters (check all that apply)
- Project/Conference in Jewish Studies
- A. Is your project/conference related to Jewish Studies?
- B. Title of project/conference
- C. 2 sentence summary of project (example: traveling to "x" conference to present "y" paper)
- D. Detailed project description and how it ties to Jewish Studies
- Application fees (if applicable)
- Cost of books, supplies and/or equipment (if applicable)
- Cost of conference registration fees (if applicable)
- Cost of travel/lodging/meals (if applicable)
- List other sources of funding including other grants (at the Leve Center and elsewhere). Please designate source and amount of funding.
- Membership Dues (name of organization, dollar amount)
- Other expense(s) (description and amount, if applicable)
- Is recommending professor #1 part of your doctoral committee?
- Is recommending professor #2 part of your doctoral committee?
- Name of recommending professor #1
- Name of recommending professor #2
- Recommending professor #1 email address
- Recommending professor #1 home department
- Recommending professor #2 email address
- Recommending professor #2 home department