Fritz, Jenny, and Gustav Berger Scholarship in Holocaust Studies, Yearlong Fellowship (Graduate Students)
DESCRIPTION: The Fritz, Jenny, and Gustav Berger Scholarship in Holocaust Studies Fellowship is open to any UCLA graduate student engaged in Holocaust related research including, but not limited to:
• Comparative literary and cultural approaches to Holocaust memory and representation.
• The evolution of knowledge of, and disciplinary approaches to, the Holocaust.
• The near destruction and revival of Yiddish language, literature, and historiography.
• The “universalization” of the Holocaust and its relation to other instances of genocide.
• Understudied areas of research on the borders of the Holocaust.
AMOUNT: stipend of up to $20,000 plus resident tuition and fees for the 2023-24 Academic Year
REQUIREMENTS: description of research (up to 500 words), transcript, statement of progress toward degree, two letters of recommendation (one from department or dissertation advisor), FAFSA
DEADLINE: Spring/Summer cycle: 4/20/2023
- Supplemental Questions
- Is recommending professor #1 part of your doctoral committee?
- Is recommending professor #2 part of your doctoral committee?
- Name of recommending professor #1
- Name of recommending professor #2
- Recommending professor #1 email address
- Recommending professor #1 home department
- Recommending professor #2 email address
- Recommending professor #2 home department
- Application fees (if applicable)
- Cost of books, supplies and/or equipment (if applicable)
- Cost of conference registration fees (if applicable)
- Cost of travel/lodging/meals (if applicable)
- List other sources of funding including other grants (at the Leve Center and elsewhere). Please designate source and amount of funding.
- Membership Dues (name of organization, dollar amount)
- Other expense(s) (description and amount, if applicable)
- Berger Fellowship
- Give a description of your research (up to 500 words) and how it relates to Holocaust Studies
- Give a statement of how this research contributes toward your progress toward degree.
- I filed or plan to file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2022-23 AY.
- Upload a copy of your college transcript (unofficial is acceptable)