UCLA Faculty Women's Club Endowed Scholarship
NOTE: The application is reopening solely for those who meet the criteria below AND are students who are either descendants or a spouse of a current or retired UCLA faculty or staff member for the Sonya “Sonny” & Adrian Harris Faculty Women’s Club Scholarship Fund! The new deadline is June 20!
The UCLA Faculty Women’s Club Scholarship was established in 1970 by the UCLA Faculty Women’s Club to support achievement scholarships and fellowships at UCLA on the basis of merit and/or need. The application cycle takes place each spring for the following academic year and is open to those who meet all the following requirements:
- Continuing students of any gender
- G.P.A. of 3.5 or above
- Will be juniors or seniors in the following academic year.
*Has completed at least one full year of enrollment at UCLA
The UCLA Faculty Women’s Club is committed to selecting students that meet one or more of the following criteria, so please address these points in your response to the additional application questions.
- The student has demonstrated high academic standing while undertaking a vigorous course load.
- Recognizes that each student’s journey is different and appreciates the different paths taken to reach personal goals.
- The applicant has a clear focus and passion about their educational and professional goals.
To increase your chances of moving on to the interview round of the scholarship selection process, we strongly encourage you to complete the following optional questions on the general application:
- Community Service and Extracurricular Activities
UPDATE: Due to COVID-19, interviews may be held virtually. Date TBD, but late summer/early fall!
NOTE: Scholarship recipients are required to:
*Be enrolled full-time (12 units) in each quarter of the following academic year
*Attend a scholarship dinner in February, honoring all the award winners