Harry C. Sigman Scholarship
The Harry C. Sigman Scholarship is made possible by a generous endowment gift from Harry C. Sigman to encourage students to study in Israel. The scholarship is designed for UCLA students from any academic background who wish to gain first-hand knowledge of Israel and its people, and to share their experience with others upon return to UCLA. This scholarship is offered by the UCLA Y&S Nazarian Center for Israel Studies, a constituent of the UCLA International Institute.
- Harry C. Sigman
- Supplemental Questions
- Have you confirmed your registration into your chosen study abroad program?
- What term will you be studying abroad?
- Have you taken (or are you planning to take) a course that qualifies for the UCLA Minor in Israel Studies? If yes, please list the course, term of completion, and instructor.
- Please list your proposed study abroad coursework (to the best of your knowledge at this time). Have you spoken to your academic advisors about how your study abroad coursework may/may not fulfill my UCLA degree requirements?
- Why do you want to study abroad in Israel? Please consider academic, career, and personal objectives.
- How have you prepared or how will you prepare for your study abroad in Israel? (coursework, language prep, personal experiences or skills) You are invited to include any additional information you feel is pertinent.
- How will you use your study abroad experience to enhance your leadership aspirations?
- If you have traveled abroad before, please briefly describe your experience. If you do not have previous international experience, please indicate not applicable.
- LETTER OF REFERENCE: Please provide the name and e-mail of a UCLA faculty member who has taught one or more of your academic courses and who will provide a letter of reference.
- Show 4 more