UCLA College Reentry Scholarship
The UCLA College Reentry Scholarship was established in May 2008 to support undergraduate scholarships at UCLA for non-traditional students. Scholarships are based on merit and financial need.
- Reentry students (Junior Transfer Students) admitted to the UCLA College for Fall.
- Students ideally aged 25 to 50.
- Demonstrate financial need based on UCLA Financial Aid Office standards.
- Must submit a FAFSA or DREAM Act Application by March 2 and be eligible for financial aid at UCLA.
- $5,000 per academic year (3 quarters).
- The scholarship is renewable for a second year if the awardee:*
- maintains a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA at UCLA,
- completes 45 units by Fall Quarter of senior year (an average of 15 units per quarter), and
- participates in or is committed to participating in undergraduate or an off-campus internship. This requirement may be fulfilled by completing at least 2 units of:
1) Course 99 (entry-level research), or
2) Courses 197, 198, or 199 (independent study/research), or
3) Course 195 (Community or Corporate Internship).
- Complete the general application.
- Answer the additional application questions
- Provide a transcript – either official or unofficial – from each College or University attended.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a Community College instructor, counselor or administrator.
Scholarship notification will be 8/30.
- $5,000 (renewable)
- Supplemental Questions
- Why were your studies interrupted and what inspired you to continue your education? What are your goals after you complete your degree at UCLA?
- Please list the schools/colleges you have attended (post high school) with dates of attendance. Indicate any degrees or certificates earned.
- Please upload a copy (PDF preferred) of your most recent unofficial community college transcripts
- LETTER OF REFERENCE: Provide the name and email address of an instructor, counselor or administrator. Your recommender will automatically receive a link prompting them to upload the recommendation to the Academic Works website.