Donald R. Shepherd Scholarship Fund
The Donald R. Shepherd Scholarship Fund was established in 2010 with preference to entering freshmen who are US citizens or permanent residents, as well as residents of San Diego County who attended high school there. Students must demonstrate financial need via the FAFSA and must have a minimum high school GPA of 3.75, enroll in a major in the UCLA College of Letters and Science and submit the FAFSA by March 2nd.
- $8,000 -- renewable for four years; notification by Aug 31
- Supplemental Questions
- Write an essay that discusses your dreams, goals and passions, as well as any challenge that you have overcome. How do you plan to continue to be a scholar in college? Highlight any extracurricular activity and community and/or volunteer service in which you've been involved.
- Have you filed the FAFSA?
- Please upload a current resume with a 150-word bio that focuses on your leadership and community service experience and includes a brief statement of current career goals.
- Please upload an official or unofficial copy of your high school transcript.
- LETTER OF REFERENCE: Please provide the name and email of an instructor, counselor or administrator who will provide a letter of reference on your behalf. Be sure to obtain permission from your recommender before submitting their name and email address. Your recommender will automatically receive a link prompting them to upload the recommendation via the UCLA Scholarship Portal. It is critical that the recommender meet the deadline or the portal will close and your application will be considered incomplete. NOTE: IF YOU ENCOUNTER DIFFICULTIES SECURING A LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION DUE TO THE PANDEMIC, please contact Mac Harris (Student Affairs Officer for the UCLA Scholarship Resource Center) at email@example.com.