Undergraduate Education Gertrude Pomish Scholarship
The Gertrude Pomish Scholarship awards community service by entering first-year students with a minimum 3.5 cumulative weighted or unweighted high-school GPA. Preference goes to students who actively participate in, and demonstrate, a strong record of community service. The award requires financial need.
- Minimum $2,000; not renewable -- notification by Aug 31
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you enrolling full-time at UCLA as an entering freshman?
- Community Service
- Are you currently involved in, or during your time at UCLA have you been involved in, at least one community service activity?
- If you are involved in community service, or have been, please briefly describe your role(s) and the timeline(s) of your involvement.
- Write an essay that details your record of community service. How would this scholarship help you enhance that record and achieve your future goals?
- Have you filed the FAFSA or Dream Act Application?
- Please upload a copy (PDF preferred) of your high-school transcript.
- LETTER OF REFERENCE: Please provide the name and email of an instructor, counselor or administrator who will provide a letter of reference on your behalf. Be sure to obtain permission from your recommender before submitting their name and email address. Your recommender will automatically receive a link prompting them to upload the recommendation via the UCLA Scholarship Portal. It is critical that the recommender meet the deadline or the portal will close and your application will be considered incomplete. NOTE: IF YOU ENCOUNTER DIFFICULTIES SECURING A LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION DUE TO THE PANDEMIC, please contact Mac Harris (Student Affairs Officer for the UCLA Scholarship Resource Center) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Show 1 more