Wallace W. Brown Veteran Scholarship
The Wallace W. Brown Veteran Scholarship, for enlisted Armed Forces veterans who served their country and received an honorable discharge and who demonstrate a strong commitment to service activities and/or the community, was established in 2009 to provide scholarships to veterans returning to school (or beginning college) after serving their country. Applicants must enroll as full-time undergraduates with a major in the UCLA College and demonstrate financial need. Preference goes to those applicants who made the greatest commitment or sacrifice during their service.
- Varies; not renewable -- notification by Aug 31
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you enrolled or going to enroll full-time as a UCLA undergraduate this next academic year?
- Service in the Armed Forces
- Are you a veteran who enlisted in the Armed Forces, served your country and received an honorable discharge?
- If yes, please briefly describe that service, particularly the extent of your commitment and/or sacrifice in the course of it.
- Please upload a current resume and a 150-word bio that focuses on your service in the Armed Forces and includes a brief statement of current career goals.
- Have you filed the FAFSA or Dream Act Application?
- Please upload official or unofficial copies of all your college transcripts.
- What are your current academic activities, plans and goals? How would this scholarship help you academically?
- LETTER OF REFERENCE: Please provide the name and email of someone (not a peer or family member) who will provide a letter of reference on your behalf. Be sure to obtain permission from your recommender before submitting their name and email address. Your recommender will automatically receive a link prompting them to upload the recommendation via the UCLA Scholarship Portal. It is critical that the recommender meet the deadline or the portal will close and your application will be considered incomplete. NOTE: IF YOU ENCOUNTER DIFFICULTIES SECURING A LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION DUE TO THE PANDEMIC, please contact Mac Harris (Student Affairs Officer for the UCLA Scholarship Resource Center) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Show 2 more