Komar Shideler Centennial Scholars Study Abroad Scholarship
The Komar Shideler Study Abroad Scholarship was established in 2019 through the generosity of Ross Shideler and Kathleen Komar. Preference will be given to Comparative Literature and Scandinavian Languages majors/minors and Nordic Studies majors. Students in the Humanities, with high financial need who have not studied abroad will be considered next, followed by students participating in the UCLA Summer Travel Study Program: Scandinavian Section: In the footsteps of Hans Christian Andersen (independent of major), with high financial need and no previous study abroad experience. See Eligibility Criteria.
Note: IEO strives to provide scholarship funds broadly to assist the maximum number of applicants. As such, multiple awards per applicant are unlikely.
- Supplemental Questions
- Please select your study abroad program/term:
- If you selected "UCLA Travel Study - Summer", are you participating in the "ELTS: In the footsteps of Hans Christian Andersen" program?
- Are you pursuing a major or a minor in the Humanities?
- Are you a Comparative Literature or Scandinavian Languages major or minor or a Nordic Studies major?
- Have you had previous study abroad experience?
- Please share an example(s) of a time in which you demonstrated open-mindedness, resilience or resourcefulness, and how that has prepared you to be successful while studying abroad. (Max. 300 words)
- Please describe how (or if) your field of study fits with your study abroad program of choice. (Max. 300 words)
- Show 2 more