Louis & Zephyr Stuart Undergraduate Scholarship Endowment
The Louis & Zephyr Stuart Undergraduate Scholarship Endowment was established in 1999 for UCLA College undergraduates with demonstrated financial need, with preference to students of Armenian descent who demonstrate leadership through extracurricular activities at UCLA or in the community, or who demonstrate leadership through other activities.
The following criteria will be considered in awarding the scholarship.
- Students must have demonstrated financial need according to the UCLA Financial Aid and Scholarships Office.
- Students must have a grade point average of 3.0 or better.
- Preference will be given to students who are of Armenian descent.
- Preference will be given to students who display leadership qualities.
Recipients will be known as Stuart Scholars and are expected to write a letter of thanks to the donor.
- Minimum $1,000 -- not renewable; notification by July 31
- Supplemental Questions
- What are your leadership capabilities and how have extracurricular activities or other activities helped you to realize those capabilities? How would this scholarship help you enhance those activities and further develop your leadership capabilities?
- Current Extracurricular Activity
- Are you currently involved in at least one extracurricular activity?
- If yes, please briefly describe your role(s) and timeline(s) in any current extracurricular activities.
- Have you filed the FAFSA or Dream Act Application?
- Please upload an official or unofficial UCLA transcript, and/or official or unofficial transcripts for all colleges or universities that you have attended or, if you are an entering freshman, official or unofficial transcripts for all high schools you have attended.
- LETTER OF REFERENCE: Please provide the name and email of an instructor, counselor or administrator who will provide a letter of reference on your behalf. Be sure to obtain permission from your recommender before submitting their name and email address. Your recommender will automatically receive a link prompting them to upload the recommendation via the UCLA Scholarship Portal. It is critical that the recommender meet the deadline or the portal will close and your application will be considered incomplete. NOTE: IF YOU ENCOUNTER DIFFICULTIES SECURING A LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION DUE TO THE PANDEMIC, please contact Mac Harris (Student Affairs Officer for the UCLA Scholarship Resource Center) at email@example.com.