UCLA Parents Council Emeriti Scholarship
The UCLA Parents’ Council Emeriti Scholarship was established in 2019 by emeriti members of the UCLA Parents’ Council. The award reflects the mission and values of the council as a service and philanthropic organization. This merit-based scholarship recognizes students who have given back to the university through leadership, outstanding service, volunteerism, and philanthropy. It is a one-time, non-renewable scholarship determined through an application process.
- Applicants must be a current and continuing full-time undergraduate student enrolled in a minimum of 12 units per quarter.
- Applicants must have a minimum 3.0 GPA to date and be in good academic standing at time of consideration.
- Applicants must submit two 400 word essays:
- Essay #1: A) Where do you see yourself in ten years (post-graduation)? and B) How will you stay connected to UCLA?
- Essay #2: Describe one experience since you have been at UCLA, where you have demonstrated the True Bruin core values of Respect, Accountability, Integrity, Service, and Excellence, and how you have encouraged and/or inspired others to do the same.
Timeline: Applications are available December 1 and are due by February 15. Scholarship recipient/s will be announced at the annual Parents’ Council end-of-year meeting in April, which the recipient/s will be invited to attend.