Virginia Frey Scholarship Fund
The Virginia Frey Scholarship Fund was established in 2008 to provide four-year full tuition scholarships annually to UCLA for incoming freshmen students from El Monte High School (El Monte, CA). Students must not receive any federal or state grants that cover tuition. The scholarship does not cover any cost of attendance other than tuition.
- CA Resident Fees
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you a California resident?
- Did you graduate from El Monte High School in El Monte, California, or will you do so at the end of the current academic year?
- Write an essay that discusses your goals as well as any challenges that you have overcome. What extracurricular activities and/or community service experiences have proven most important to you, and why?
- Have you filed the FAFSA or Dream Act Application?
- LETTER OF REFERENCE: Please provide the name and email of an instructor, counselor or administrator who will provide a letter of reference on your behalf. Be sure to obtain permission from your recommender before submitting their name and email address. Your recommender will automatically receive a link prompting them to upload the recommendation via the UCLA Scholarship Portal. It is critical that the recommender meet the deadline or the portal will close and your application will be considered incomplete. NOTE: IF YOU ENCOUNTER DIFFICULTIES SECURING A LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION DUE TO THE PANDEMIC, please contact Mac Harris (Student Affairs Officer for the UCLA Scholarship Resource Center) at firstname.lastname@example.org.