Jim and Dorothy Carlson Undergraduate Benefit Scholarship
The Jim and Dorothy Carlson Undergraduate Benefit Scholarship, with preference to students from Sacramento, provides scholarship support to undergraduates in the UCLA College of Letters and Science.
- Amount Varies -- renewable; notification by August 31
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you enrolled or planning to enroll in the UCLA College of Letters and Science this coming academic year?
- Sacramento Background
- Are you from, or have you lived in, Sacramento?
- What is the nature of your relationship to Sacramento, your experience of it and your hopes for it?
- Have you filed the FAFSA or Dream Act Application?
- What are your current academic activities, plans and goals? How would this scholarship help you academically?
- LETTER OF REFERENCE: Please provide the name and email of someone (not a peer or family member) who will provide a letter of reference on your behalf. Be sure to obtain permission from your recommender before submitting their name and email address. Your recommender will automatically receive a link prompting them to upload the recommendation via the UCLA Scholarship Portal. It is critical that the recommender meet the deadline or the portal will close and your application will be considered incomplete. NOTE: IF YOU ENCOUNTER DIFFICULTIES SECURING A LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION DUE TO THE PANDEMIC, please contact Mac Harris (Student Affairs Officer for the UCLA Scholarship Resource Center) at email@example.com.