Komar Shideler Centennial Scholars Study Abroad Scholarship
The Komar Shideler Study Abroad Scholarship was established in 2019 through the generosity of Ross Shideler and Kathleen Komar. Preference will be given to Comparative Literature and Scandinavian Languages majors/minors and Nordic Studies majors. Students in the Humanities, with high financial need who have not studied abroad will be considered next, followed by students participating in the UCLA Summer Travel Study Program: Scandinavian Section: In the footsteps of Hans Christian Andersen (independent of major), with high financial need and no previous study abroad experience. See Eligibility Criteria.
Note: IEO strives to provide scholarship funds broadly to assist the maximum number of applicants. As such, multiple awards per applicant are unlikely.
- Supplemental Questions
- Please select your study abroad program/term:
- If you selected "UCLA Travel Study - Summer", are you participating in the "ELTS: In the footsteps of Hans Christian Andersen" program?
- Are you pursuing a major or a minor in the Humanities?
- Are you a Comparative Literature or Scandinavian Languages major or minor or a Nordic Studies major?
- Prior Study Abroad Experience:
- Have you previously studied abroad?
- If so, where, when and for how long? (If no, please enter N/A)
- Please share an example(s) of a time in which you made a mistake and how you resolved it. (Max. 300 words)
- What is your most important achievement and how does it relate to your chosen field of study? (Max. 300 words)
- Show 2 more