Congresswoman Lynn Schenk Capstone Scholarship in Public Affairs
The Congresswoman Lynn Schenk Capstone Scholarship was established to support students completing the required B.A. in Public Affairs experiential learning capstone opportunity during their senior year.
To be eligible to apply to the Congresswoman Lynn Schenk Capstone Scholarship students must meet the following criteria:
(1) Must be a declared as Public Affairs major in their junior or senior year
(2) Must be pursuing one of the following public affairs experiential learning capstone experience pathways:
Be participating in UC Center Sacramento, Quarter in Washington (UCDC) Program, UCLA Global Internship Program, or Summer DC Fellows Program, and have been approved to satisfy the public affairs capstone seminar course, PUB AFF 187A, with coursework completed through these programs;or
Be a public affairs major who will be completing an unpaid public affairs capstone internship during fall, winter, or spring of their capstone year.
Transfer, CA Dream Act, and Visa students are eligible.
Priority will be given to new applicants, but past awardees are welcome to apply.
In some cases, final award amounts may be adjusted for indirect costs and/or taxes. Awards may also affect the students’ financial aid packages. In all cases, students who are awarded are strongly encouraged to discuss possible financial aid impact with UCLA Financial Aid Office.
- Up to $1500
- Supplemental Questions
- What is your experiential learning internship site?
- Will you be receiving compensation from your internship site (e.g., stipends, wages, travel reimbursements etc.)?
- Write an essay (500 words or less) that answers the following prompt: How will the Congresswoman Lynn Schenk Capstone Scholarship support your professional development through the public affairs experiential learning capstone experience?