Venu and Ana Kotamraju Endowed Scholarship
The Venu and Ana Kotamraju Endowed Scholarship Fund was established with a generous gift from UCLA alumni Venu and Ana Kotamraju to provide scholarships to undergraduate students in the Department of Economics. The Fund may also support research awards for undergraduates who want to gain valuable experience assisting faculty with their research. Both Ana and Venu are very appreciative of the opportunities afforded them by their education at UCLA and hope that their gift will inspire current and future students to flourish. Ana graduated from UCLA with a degree in Business Economics in 1993 and an MBA from The Anderson School in 1999. Venu graduated from UCLA in 1995 with a double major in Mechanical Engineering and Economics and then earned his MBA at Anderson in 1999 as well. It gives Ana and Venu great satisfaction to know that they are fostering excellence in Economics at UCLA and playing an important role in advancing UCLA’s mission of research, education, and public service.
*Department of Economics:
- You must be officially declared as an Economics or a Business Economics MAJOR (or you must have completed the prep for one of these MAJORS and indicate that you will apply to the major by the scholarship application deadline).
- You must be a full-time UCLA student for the entire academic year.
- Award recipients are required to write a thank you.
- Bios of the award recipients will be shown on the Department of Economics Scholarship Website.
- Scholarship awards are only for the current academic year. Receiving a scholarship one year does not guarantee a scholarship award the following year.
- The scholarship funds will pay out to each recipient in Winter and Spring quarters.
- U.S. Citizens and International Students are eligible to apply. However, International students may not apply for financial need based scholarships.
Undergraduates officially in any Department of Economics major
An economics student assisting faculty with their research
If you have any questions regarding the scholarship criteria, please contact the Department of Economics through MyUCLA via the Message Center.
- Supplemental Questions
- Which Department of Economics Scholarships are you applying to?
- I am officially declared as a Business Economics or Economics major. Please select an option below.
- Describe your major and career goals, and indicate why you qualify for this particular scholarship in the Department of Economics.
- I confirm that I will be a full-time student for the entire academic year in which I am applying for a scholarship. Please select option below.
- Please upload a PDF copy of your most recent UCLA Degree Audit Report (DAR).
- Please upload a PDF file of your current resume.
- Show 1 more