Robert D. and Margaret A. Wark Memorial Scholarship
The Robert D. and Margaret A. Wark Memorial Scholarship was established in 1999 by Dr. David Wark in memory of his brother ’37 and sister-in-law, to provide assistance to undergraduate students enrolled in the Department of Economics, in the College of Letters and Science.
The donors have specified particular criteria for many of the awards, however the following information applies to all awards in the Department of Economics:
- You must be officially declared as an Economics or a Business Economics MAJOR (or you must have completed the prep for one of these MAJORS and indicate that you will apply to the major by the scholarship application deadline).
- You must be a full-time UCLA student for the entire academic year.
- Award recipients are required to write a thank you.
- Bios of the award recipients will be shown on the Department of Economics Scholarship Website.
- Scholarship awards are only for the current academic year. Receiving a scholarship one year does not guarantee a scholarship award the following year.
- The scholarship funds will pay out to each recipient in Winter and Spring quarters.
- U.S. Citizens and International Students are eligible to apply. However, International students may not apply for financial need based scholarships.
- Undergraduate officially in any Department of Economics major
- Junior or senior standing
- Demonstrated academic merit
- Demonstrated financial need (FAFSA/DREAM)
If you have any questions regarding the scholarship criteria, please contact the Department of Economics through MyUCLA via the Message Center.