True Bruin Distinguished Senior Award
The True Bruin Distinguished Senior Award is a prestigious scholarship awarded to highly meritorious students who exemplify the True Bruin values of Integrity, Excellence, Accountability, Respect, and Service.
It is an opportunity for seniors to receive a scholarship through the esteemed UCLA Alumni Scholarship Program, and showcase the skills, knowledge, and leadership experiences they have gained on campus and in their community. Award recipients will receive a one-time, merit award up to $5,000. All eligible rising seniors are welcome to apply.
- Graduating senior in the upcoming academic year (23F, 24W, and 24S)
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Must be in good academic standing and meet Expected Cumulative Progress Requirement as deemed by the University. (132 units, or equivalent)
In addition, the following donors are sponsoring one or more True Bruin Distinguished Senior Awards ranging from $1,000-$5,000 for students who meet the above criteria and participation in the following activities:
UCLA Alumni Band: UCLA Marching Band, UCLA Spirit Squad, and/or other UCLA-Sponsored performance organization involving band instruments.
UCLA Rally Committee Alumni: UCLA spirit activities, particularly UCLA Rally Committee.
UCLA Bruin Trailblazers: Demonstrated commitment to student advocacy, organizing, activism, or leadership in support of marginalized student populations at UCLA and/or a prior institution of higher education as well as a willingness to collaborate with a diverse variety of campus stakeholders.
UCLA Pilipino Alumni Association: First generation student who has shown support, involvement, self-identification, or membership in the Pilipinx community.
- Scott Finerman Memorial: A graduating senior who will go onto post graduate school with sSignificant contribution to UCLA through extra-curricular activities including, but not limited to, participation in some form of athletics at UCLA.
- Richard & Gail Orgell Family: Have participated in ASUCLA, the Alumni Association and/or Unicamp.
- Marhoefer: Pre-medical or Pre-Dental studies/career, with demonstrated financial need.
- Applicants do NOT need to be members of the Alumni Scholars Club.
- No residency, citizenship, or visa restrictions.
- Need is only required to receive the Marhoefer TBDSA. All others are strictly merit-based.
A volunteer alumni committee will review applications with final award determinations made by Financial Aid and Scholarships. Winners will be notified within one month.