Los Angeles Chapter of the Links Scholarship
The Los Angeles Chapter of the Links Endowed Undergraduate Scholarship to support UCLA College undergraduates, with preference to African American students who have financial need and display leadership qualities and a demonstrated commitment to community service, was established in 2000.
- Applicant must have a grade point average of 3.0 or above and;
- Applicant must submit an essay of at least 500 words, subject of which will be: “How will you use your education to improve the quality of life in your community?”
- Applicants must agree to attend one Links meeting and/or one Links function (function fee to be paid by the Links) to be determined by the Links each year.
- Applicants must enroll in a major in the UCLA College of Letters and Science.
Preference will be given to students who are African American with demonstrated financial need, display leadership qualities and consistently have demonstrated a commitment to community service.
- Minimum $2000 award -- not renewable, must re-apply; notification by Aug 1