Alexander White, III Scholarship Fund
The Alexander White, III Scholarship Fund was established in 1990 to provide UCLA EXPO Center student interns with awards.
The UCLA Internship Alumni Network (“UCLA IAN”) is an alumni affinity group whose mission is to support students to gain valuable career-shaping experience through internships. Undergraduate students who completed the course(s) Community Engagement & Social Change (CESC) 50XP, 100XP, or M190A/B/C between Fall Quarter 2019 – Winter Quarter 2021 with demonstrated financial need who have secured, or received an offer, for a paid or unpaid internship in Summer 2023 are eligible for this scholarship. Two scholarships of $1,500 will be awarded.
- Rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors in good academic standing who completed Community Engagement & Social Change (CESC) 50XP, 100XP, and/or M190A/B/C between the Fall Quarter – Winter Quarter.
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Must have secured, or have received an offer, for an unpaid remote internship in the nonprofit or public sector during Summer 2023. Students are encouraged to continue working with their community partner from their CESC course or secure an internship with a new nonprofit organization or governmental agency.
Expectations and responsibilities of scholarship recipients
- Participate in an informational meeting with UCLA IAN board member(s) no later than 30 days after receiving the scholarship
- Submit a post-internship report on how you have achieved your internship goals, how the internship experience helped you grow, and how it affected your career aspirations.
- Attend a post-internship reception hosted by the UCLA IAN
- Grant UCLA IAN and the UCLA Center for Community Engagement use of your name and image in furtherance of garnering alumni support.
In order to be considered for this scholarship, please submit this application no later than Friday, May 7, 2021.
For questions, please contact the UCLA Center for Community Engagement Academic Coordinator, at email@example.com.