Myrtle Hickey De Luce Memorial Scholarship
With preference to graduates of Lincoln, Belmont and John Marshall High Schools who are involved in at least one extracurricular activity at UCLA or in Los Angeles, the Myrtle Hickey De Luce Memorial Scholarship Fund was established in 1999 to provide undergraduate scholarships in the College of Letters and Science.
- Must be enrolled full-time as an undergraduate (entering or continuing) in the College of Letters and Science and have a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or greater.
- Candidates should be involved in at least one extracurricular activity at UCLA or in the community.
- Preference will be given to students graduating from high schools in the Los Angeles Unified School District, particularly Lincoln, Belmont, & John Marshall High Schools.
- Minimum $5,000 -- not automatically renewable, must re-apply; notification by Mar 18
- Supplemental Questions
- Did you graduate, or will you graduate, from Lincoln, Belmont or John Marshall High School or, if not, from another high school in the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD)?
- Do you have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or greater at your current institution?
- Are you enrolled or planning to enroll in the UCLA College of Letters and Science this coming academic year?
- Extracurricular Involvement
- Are you currently involved in at least one extracurricular activity in the greater Los Angeles community and/or at UCLA?
- If yes, please list the activity or activities along with your position
- What have you learned from your experience at Lincoln, Belmont, John Marshall or another LAUSD high school and how would this scholarship help you at UCLA, especially with regard to your current and/or potential UCLA extracurricular involvements? How does that involvement relate to your goals beyond UCLA?
- Please upload a current resume that focuses on your extracurricular activities in the greater Los Angeles area.
- Please write a 150-word bio in third person that focuses on your extracurricular activities in the greater Los Angeles area and include a brief statement of current career goals.
- LETTER OF REFERENCE: Please provide the name and email of an instructor, counselor or administrator who will provide a letter of reference on your behalf. Be sure to obtain permission from your recommender before submitting their name and email address. Your recommender will automatically receive a link prompting them to upload the recommendation via the UCLA Scholarship Portal.
- Please provide the best cell phone number (nine digits with no dashes, spaces or parentheses) for the UCLA Center for Scholarships and Scholar Enrichment to contact you regarding your scholarship if necessary.
- Show 4 more