Dr Henry H Chan Endowed Scholarship
Full-time UCLA upperclassmen pursuing a career in healthcare who carry a minimum 3.0 GPA and can demonstrate financial need as determined by the UCLA Financial Aid and Scholarships office receive preference for the Dr. Henry H. Chan Endowed Scholarship, which was established in 2022. Dr. Chan himself graduated from UCLA; this scholarship furthers the legacy of his distinguished career in healthcare by supporting UCLA students following in those same footsteps. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS SCHOLARSHIP IS FOR THE NEXT ACADEMIC YEAR, NOT THE CURRENT ACADEMIC YEAR.
- $5000 -- not renewable; notification by March 22
- Supplemental Questions
- Will you be enrolled tull-time at UCLA as a junior or senior this upcoming academic year?
- Pursuit of a Career in Healthcare
- Are you pursuing a career in healthcare?
- If you are pursuing a career in healthcare, what experiences led you to do that, what preparations have you made to this point and what is your current plan for a future career in healthcare? If you are not pursuing a career in healthcare, please write 'not applicable.'
- Please upload a current resume that focuses on your preparation for a career in healthcare.
- Please write a 150-word bio in third person that summarizes your preparation and plans for a career in healthcare.
- LETTER OF REFERENCE: Please provide the name and email of someone (not a peer or family member) who will provide a letter of reference on your behalf that speaks to your preparation and potential for a career in healthcare. Be sure to obtain permission from your recommender before submitting their name and email address. Your recommender will automatically receive a link prompting them to upload the recommendation via the UCLA Scholarship Portal.
- Please provide the best cell phone number (nine digits with no dashes, spaces or parentheses) for the UCLA Center for Scholarships and Scholar Enrichment to contact you regarding your scholarship if necessary.
- Show 1 more