Terasaki Center Study Abroad Scholarship
The UCLA Terasaki Center for Japanese Studies is pleased to announce two study abroad scholarship opportunities for UCLA undergraduate students participating in a UCLA or UCEAP internship or study abroad program in Japan: the Terasaki Centenial Scholars and the Moor-Shapiro Fellowship. These scholarships are made possible by generous contributions from the Terasaki Family Foundation and the Moor-Shapiro Families, who want to promote and support study abroad.
Students submitting this application will be considered for both scholarships. See eligibility criteria.
- Supplemental Questions
- Please select your Study Abroad program:
- Japanese Language Education:
- Have you ever taken a Japanese language course?
- Please list the Japanese language course(s) you have completed. If you have never taken a Japanese language course, please enter N/A.
- Explain your reasons for wishing to study or intern in Japan. Outline what you hope to achieve by participating in your selected program and how it will benefit your plans for the future. (300 words)
- Describe a time when you had to step out of your comfort zone and take a risk. What did you learn from the experience? (300 words)